August 1, 2008
I can think of 7 reasons to boycott Walmart off the top of my head; if you need more, then see these fine folks.
1. Puts local businesses out of business.
2. No freedom of speech.
3. Sexist promotion procedures.
4. Puts American corporations out of business by forcing them to sell to Walmart below cost.
5. The closing of locally owned businesses means added driving (traffic) for shoppers who have to travel longer distances to get to the Walmarts, which in turn, means higher prices for goods for the many rural Americans who shop there.
6. Blight on landscape.
7. Instructs its employees on how to vote.